WE START WITH
Everyone on our team has a journalism, media, or brand background and believes that story is the most influential force in the world — it transforms culture and transports us to remote corners of the universe.
Storytelling is where your brand strategy comes alive. We help organizations create, understand, and leverage their unique story and translate it into standout content. By focusing creative energy, we help organizations connect with more consumers, create long-term value, and challenge the status quo.
• Marketing & communication strategy
• Content & social strategy
• Written-word storytelling that stands out
• Photography, videography, storyboarding
• Campaigns: brand, product/service, seasonal
• Branded copy: web, email, long-form, social media
• Catalogs, storybooks, editorial, publishing
Twenty years of outdoor and environmental journalism, brand marketing, and entrepreneurship.
• Co-founder of Bluebird Backcountry
• First digital editor of Alpinist and Backcountry magazines
• Led rebranding and modernization at the American Alpine Club
• 2020 Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist, CO Biz Magazine
• Futurist, Outdoor Industry Association
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY
We believe that brand is the beating heart of every organization. Through long-term partnerships, we work closely with our partners to create a cohesive and bold brand identity that galvanizes your team internally and inspires your audiences externally. Our work is not done until your brand reflects who you’ve always wanted to be.
Our team of experienced strategists and creative professionals guide partners through the brand-building process, from understanding the competitive landscape, to honing target audience, to developing a unique brand voice and message. We also craft visual identity, including logo design and brand guidelines, to ensure your brand is consistently represented and woven through every touchpoint and channel.
• Brand strategy & architecture
• Guiding principles: mission, vision, values
• Rebranding & business transformation
• Entrepreneurship consulting
• Logos & visual identity
• Product & brand differentiation
• Audiences & brand personas
• Messaging, positioning, tone & voice
• Brand awareness, affinity, adoration
Twenty years of strategic brand, marketing, and advertising expertise.
• Robust brand, strategy and activation work for DIAGEO, Adidas, Boys and Girls Club, Frontier Airlines, Centura Health, and more
• Adept at business turnaround
• Specialty in market research, focus groups and insights analysis
• Believes the best views are earned, and has earned views of Annapurna, Kilimanjaro, and Southern Patagonia
Creative is where brand, stories, and concepts come alive visually. Our Collective of talented designers, writers, and strategists understands the unique needs and challenges of the outdoor and environmental industries, and we know how to craft messaging and visuals that will resonate. As outdoor enthusiasts ourselves, we only develop creative that we would be stoked on seeing in the wild.
• Custom magazines & catalogs
• Creative direction & campaign concepts
• Graphic design, logos & illustration
• Social graphics
• Motion graphics
• Direct mail
• Sales materials
• Swag & collateral
Over a decade of professional experience designing for a variety of companies across logo and brand, apparel and merchandise, social, print, and advertising campaigns.
• Always seeking creative design solutions to solve our partners’ challenges and push boundaries
• Has created content for mass and mid tier markets such as Target, Zumiez, Urban Outfitters, Petco, Skrewball Whiskey and many more
• Driven by culture and raw experiences
• Justin spends his free time mixing it up between mountain biking, climbing, camping, and the occasional surf trip
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING
One part art, one part science. Our team of marketing experts help our partners identify their target audiences, craft an intelligent strategy, and then execute in the right channels to reach the right customers.
We look holistically at your marketing ecosystem to leverage strengths and identify both creative and technical gaps. We ensure all digital channels are properly tracking and talking with each other so we can build a comprehensive analytical dashboard for our partners to regularly check how our marketing efforts are doing. With the nature of our long-term partnerships, we use insights and data to continuously optimize and improve our marketing campaigns for longstanding success.
• Marketing & communication strategy
• Customer journey mapping
• Website conversion optimization
• Content marketing & automation
• Social media strategy, planning, management
• Ambassador and partner programs
• Creative development & direction
• Live dashboards & reporting
Ten years of building outdoor and environmental brands through story focused marketing.
• Helped build the brand of the leading residential solar provider in the U.S. – Sunrun
• Expert in customer research to hone in messaging and expand into new markets
• Digital marketing jack-of-all trades that knows how to utilize every channel for your business
• Believes the greatest marketing tool is telling stories that matter to the people who need to hear them most
• Gets his best ideas while carving lines on the mountain and scoping the next run from the chairlift
DIRECTOR OF MEDIA
We start with brand and story. As soon as you’re ready to pour gas on the fire, we’re here to guide and manage your advertising. We specialize in concepting and executing dynamic, eye-catching campaigns that reach your target audiences where they are: deep in research, on the go, or in the moment. We have a long track record of managing ad spends — from just getting started up to six figures a month — and delivering tangible and measurable results that accelerate the growth of your brand.
• Integrated media strategy
• Media planning, buying, management, optimization
• Digital experts in Meta, Google, native, video, audio
• Traditional print & out-of-home advertising
• Partnerships & creative solutions
• Live reporting and in-depth analysis
Ten years of agency media planning and buying experience.
• Manages advertising budgets of all sizes, from $1,000 to $1MM
• Deep outdoor industry experience with brands Stio, Cascade Designs, ALPS Brands, Otter Products, and Danner
• Specializations in ecommerce strategic planning and cross-channel integration
• Data-driven yet sees the whole picture
• Spends her free time trail running and backcountry skiing with her dog, Forest
Our vision is to live in a solutions-oriented world where we collectively care for our people and our planet. Working toward this ambition with combined decades of non-profit experience, we welcome long-lasting partnerships with recreation, conservation, and environmental NGOs. We understand that non-profits face unique challenges, so we offer non-profit-specific marketing solutions that help you make the most of every dollar. We dig deep to solidify your mission, understand and build your audience, and develop creative solutions that help you stand out and build a movement. Your success is our success.
Ask about our non-profit pricing.
• Strategic plans & annual planning
• Capital campaign strategy & materials
• Fundraising & membership consulting
• Content marketing & management
• Appeals: direct mail, digital, social
• Legacy giving initiatives
• Organization & project management
• Google Grant management
• Media planning & advertising
Our entire team participates firsthand in the success of non-profits. A sample of our experience:
• Jeannie Markosky: founder of 501(c)(3) Military Wild
• Erik Lambert: nine years on the board of Winter Wildlands Alliance
• Sara Grant: trail, crag, and beach clean-ups through American Alpine Club & Surfrider Foundation
• Bonfire leadership participation: 1% for the Planet and Colorado Outdoor Business Alliance Steering Committees